Monday, August 10, 2009

All packed

We are about to head back to England for 2 weeks, me Tabby and Archie. Gary will stay and look after the dog, garden, house and business, he will also be helping my parents move house - so looks like I get the best deal. We are camping, going to the seaside, Dartmoor, seeing friends and from what I gather getting rained on!!
Italy is beautiful at the moment, scorched but wonderfully alive. The 'Horto' or vegi plot is yealding so much food, we have a tally to date of:
15 large jars Pasta Sauce
9 jars Cherry Jams
8 Jars Chutney
1 Jar sun dried toms in oil
2 tubs solar oven dried toms
2 icecream tubs dried figs
When I get back I plan to dry the herbs or freeze. I also want to try my hand at scented oil making, soaps and facecreams/herbals - any ideas? Also, Walnut Oil and peach jam, pomegranite juice and Cider!
I love it here overlooking the castles and olives, the lake and the old houses, we had a bold and solid deer turn up yesterday 20 foot from the house munching on fallen apples, big antlers. Tabby was 'sure' it was Rudolf on holiday and wanted to'Soft' him (her word for stroke). Yeepee, finally learnt how to knit my first row of stitches at midnight last night! A few pics here to go on until I get back to this beautiful country full of friends, sunshine and food!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment