Thursday, December 10, 2009

Inspiring Blogs

A little background - I spent 15 years as a vegi with occasional bacon splurdges when on a student night out but mostly totally vegi. In 2001 I weighed under 7 stone and felt really ill, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease so then altered by diet to exclude all gluten and wheat related products, then I got bored and started eating meat again - fickle but true. Swiftly my weight returned to normal and my health got better but the bulge kept coming and at my heaviest I have weighed about 10.5 stone and felt bloated and lethargic (I am only 5.2ft). Now on a very rocky middle ground I weigh 9.2 and still feel horrible but alot lighter so I am intending to alter my diet as follows:


Vegan and inlcuding as much raw as possible
Limit all caffiene and booze(my downfall is red wine)
I will buy fresh meat for my family and cheeses
Switch everyone to soy/rice milk and yoghurts
Include more nuts and grains in our diet
Water, Water, fresh juices - although am sensitive to oranges
Try new recipe ideas every week
Smoothies - learn 3 staple recipes
Learn to use gluten free flours better and carob


Does anyone have any advice? I am trawling blogs for ideas and found this great one. http://glutenfreeveganfam.blogspot.com/


My intentions are to:
Feel healthier and more energetic
Make my migraines go away
Make my periods more bearable
Become calmer and more clear thinking
Get clearer skin
Improve the health of my family

3 comments:

  1. Just sneaked a peek at your blog, we were chatting about vegan recipes on GP. Your life in Tuscany looks amazing. We are thinking about going to somewhere called Lippiano in Easter, I think it's in Umbria, not sure if that's anywhere near you.

    If you are toying with raw veganism, then I did this for about a year, so can send you some more recipes. Will get my thinking cap on! I'm a bit of a faddy eater, one minute I'm raw food, the next I'm chowing down on a Christmas turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Hello there~

    Found your blog *accidentally*. I am
    s l o w l y decreasing my meat intake for a bunch of reasons. Currently, my daughter and I are gluten, soy, dairy, wheat,and corn free. Have you tried hemp seeds, hemp oil,hemp milk, or hemp ice cream? Reason I bring it up, you mention you are seeking more energy. Hemp seeds produce an enormous natural energy not to mention the most healthiest stuff on earth. They are amazing with fruit, cereal smoothies..anything...
    Also~ Karina's gluten free blog has many many vegan recipes. Hope this helps you:-)


    http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/

    Blessings,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with this! It's horrible feeling lethargic and generally not your best. My diet leaves much to be desired. I used to be so much more health conscious. Having a baby and being permanently tired leaves little time to think about food. I cook lovely dinners, but it's the inbetween times, yikes. I know I need to deal with this... soon.

    ReplyDelete