Saturday, August 1, 2009

Wonderful Life

Slept in until 8am today and was allowed tea in bed - my birthday week treat. Sat and watched the clear blue sky and through the windows noticed the two Acacia trees that were left for dead this spring. Too heavily pruned they looked like they were heading for the fire but magically now they are alive and even flowering again. A sign to me from the world that we can overcome great troubles and live a full life and even blossom. The huge soldier ants are another signal to not dwell on problems as show me how they march on carrying vast weights, they just get on with it. How many animals wake up and think 'Oh I'm too tired or scared to gather food today' if they did they would surely die. I am at crossroads where I need to grab life by its wings and take flight and enjoy the wonderful journey ahead. Goodies: Today bottled three large jars of tomato sauce, made pesto and started on the bread. Had a lovely birthday this week, enjoyed chilling out at our friends pool and watched the sun go down over the Tuscan hills to the sound of the cicadas and the scent of lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment