Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Living well

Everyday I live in fear of getting ill again as my immune system just doesn't work, however this weekend I let go of my fear and really indulged myself, wine lots of, chocolate, dairy and meat (small nibbles), and guess what, I am ill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So it just goes to show that there must be a direct link from diet to immunity, my mouth is full of ulcers and my knees are agony, I felt dizzy all day yesterday and my throat is swollen. So I truly have to accept that if I want a long and healthy life I need to tread carefully and live conciously in every way. So starting a fresh again and to fight this illness (Behcets) now I am back on the following: Gluten free Vegan diet, caffiene and alcohal free, plenty of sleep, fresh air and water. Continue with all my supplements - vitamin b group, echinecea, dog rose etc. Supper Menu for the week - this is very optimistic as if I get worse I will be on just water: Artichoke Rissotto Lentil Shepherds pie Polenta and roasted veg Minestrone (g,free) Veg curry and rice noodles stuffed peppers and boulangare pots Polenta pizza Also need to try and tidy the garden after the landlords chainsaw massacre, however, I am NOT going to worry about a thing this week, simply be kind to myself and go with the flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment