Thursday, April 8, 2010

The reading pile

I have been sent off to bed for the last 48 hours but cannot relax so have been wading through my reading pile. Also spending hours daydreaming about self suffiency, financial freedom, going off grid and buying some land, on a more 'now' level made plans for the veg gardens and boxes. We finalised our idea for the solar shower (garden) and hope to create this within the next week or so - pics to follow. Today I hope to: make soup and potter in the garden, taking things easy as not 100% percent. The birds are all singing their hearts out and I have thrown open all the windows to clear the air and my fuddled brain. The man is amazing, so organised, he copes so well when I am unwell and so do the children, but I feel his stress (me, money, time) and just want to be fit and strong at least most of the time to lessen his burdens. Beauty: today I see beauty and hope in the changing seasons, the warming breeze, the bread baking for my children, the sleeping kittens and the dozing dog, the cherry blossom and budding fruit trees, the new life emerging from the ground and the potential in all things around me. Here are a few of the lovely books I have been devouring whilst gazing out at the Tuscan spring:

  1. Hard times in paradise - David and micki colefax
  2. How can I let go - Linda Douty
  3. Labyrinth - Kate Mosse
  4. The Have More Plan
  5. How to Feed your family - Gill Holcombe

1 comment:

  1. I think we must be kindred spirits, Sharon! Being able to see the beauty in your world even when your body is feeling less than perfect is a lovely gift. I absolutely adore reading your posts and I am sorry that you are experiencing one of those physical "down" times. You are in my thoughts and I hope you will be feeling well again soon.

    Blessings, Patti

    P.S. I have fibromyalgia, so although my physical condition is not on the same level as yours, I can definitely understand the feeling that my body is working against me :-)

    ReplyDelete