Wednesday, July 28, 2010

In the swing

I am enjoying blogging again... for now at least.  As I am so exhausted from work, heat and garden this blog is giving me a little space to breathe again.  Last night I made an un-shopping list a la Alice in Wonderland.  Rather than focus on what we needed to buy I listed what we had left then adapted recipes to suit the ingredients - well kind of.  My cooking skills vary from 'wow' that was delicious to pretty poor similar to 'Rhia' from the 1970's sitcom Butterflies so we will have to see how next week pans out as I have included within my recipe lists 2 family picnics as it is my birthday on Friday!

I am also trying to adopt and less worryfull attitude as I have been plagued by nightmares and sleepless nights lately, trying hard to be calm and not getting stressed with money and health issues.


For now though here are some summer shots....

2 comments:

  1. Happy (Belated) Birthday, Sharon!! I hope it was fantastic!

    Thank you for your comment on my blog----you were so right.

    I made a commitment to use up what I had in my pantry before I went grocery shopping again, so I made one of those un-shopping lists, too. It amazed me just how much food I had available to cook with.

    I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way for nights filled with peaceful, restful sleep.

    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to have found your blog - what a wonderful place to live, is that olive oil there being bottled?

    ReplyDelete