Saturday, November 27, 2010

In the moment

Sometimes I feel an absolute certainty that things are simply just meant to be.  Yeseterday I was fighting to finish some overdue work projects whilst TT watched a film, the house was a mess and dinner was a long way off, I was cross and stressed.  Then from nowhere, TT fell ill within 1 hour she was sick and had a high temperature.  So I was totally forced to abandon work, the house, the supper and had to become 100% Mummy.  This was meant to be I am sure as it put me back on track and helped me realign want is truly important.  I sat with the girl curled up on the sofa (with a bowl) I soothed her and calmed her, which in turned calmed me, I slowed my breathing and felt my heartbeat slowing to a normal rate again, I simply let go of everything and remained in the moment with the girl - where I should have been all along.  Later when she was sleeping under a warm blanket by the woodburner I finished by work with a calm mind, I made a pumpkin risotto slowly and with care and had a small tidy up - everything that needed to be done was done, most importantly they were done consciously with thought and not in a frenzied Friday night panic.  So I am grateful for the interuption and the kick up the bum, the girl is recovering though still poorly, and I am once more on track emotionally!

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how love can bring us to the present moment quicker than pretty much anything else...and hold us there/here too! Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like a sick child to force us to live exactly in the moment. I hope by now she has made a full recovery and life is wonderful for you.

    Blessings for the Holiday Season~~~

    Patti

    ReplyDelete