Monday, May 23, 2011

Before the Storm

I spoke too soon me thinks…  Last week’s sense of calm has been blown out the window, now I have a sense of frustration.  I have a heavy heart and bruised feelings, although many of my ideas, plans, beliefs etc are a little off the wall I do not expect to be ridiculed by those I love and trust, even if it is in jest.  So today I am trying to focus on my own sense of calm learning to enjoy my own inner space without expecting those around me to understand why I see things in my own way, I feel disconnected at the moment and just a little sad.  However, there are so many good things on my horizon even whilst I type this, a resting cat near my feet watching the trees moving in the breeze, the sound of the bee-eater birds calling to each other, the smell of the Jasmine and Roses outside my study door and the knowledge that all bad moods shift in time.

I have a very full on work schedule this week but amidst the madness I plan to make gluten free cakes, plant up winter leeks, onions and pumpkins and take time to read a little.  Also the children have really got into Scrabble again so I hope to have a couple of evenings around the kitchen table.  To remind myself even more about all that is wonderful I hope to go out with the camera later to capture late spring in Tuscany x

No comments:

Post a Comment