Sunday, August 12, 2012

Shedding Skin

We are on the move and loving it.  We are packing for our new house, getting rid of mountains of stuff, clearing cupboards, emptying draws and breathing fresh air into our hearts.  The kids are sooo into looking through older photos, baby books and are both very happy to pass on outgrown toys etc to friends which makes us feel great.

Lately so much negative energy has been heading my way from people I trusted and I now know that my family unit is so much stronger without certain stressful influences, it really is time to let go and enjoy life.

School Holidays are nearing an end and the children are packing bags to visit England with Daddy leaving me 'solo' to move house, we think this will work well, fingers crossed Im not being too optmistic.  Lately we have crammed in culture including the following:

Days out with Grandma to Lucca, Poggibonsi, Castellina in Chianti, Colle Val Delsa.  We have had many wondeful Italian icecreams, trips to gardens and museums, A day at the beach at Castiglione Della Pescaia we bought fish and had a BBQ.  I have even managed to make jam...twice.  TT has been to circus school 'on horseback' and the boy is off to train with the Newcastle Falcons this month to brush up his beloved Rugby Skills.  The Man took the boy to the golf driving range and we have been so lucky to enjoy many days at the pool near Siena.  AA and I went to see Duran Duran and stayed in a youth hostel which was fab.  All in all its been hectic and my temper has not been in check so from now on I hope to:

Breathe more
Sleep
Cycle
Dog Walk (our crazy Clifford size puppy and his Mummy)
Make Christmas presents
Read
Nurture myself and others
Boost my confidence
Spend Time with good Friends
Look at the view
Nest a little in our new home

Of course all of these things will have to gently mould themselves around my work but I will try and find that elusive balance.

For now some pictures of the summer so far, my heart breaks at how much I love these wonderful bright intuitive and creative children and their long suffering Babbo xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment