Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Summer with Love

Where has it all gone, the months of sun have zoomed by in a haze of huge work projects, homework, holidays, daytrips, family and friends, trips to the pool, museums, picnics, moving house, an episode in hospital, healing (still), jam making, hornet stings, surnburn, BBQs, bowling, sleepovers, puppy training, tooth fairy visits, time with Grandma, the warm sea, Rugby camps, Circus Camps, Riding, making new friends, festivals, concerts, baking,  making christmas creations, packing, knitting, sewing, reading and talking.  Not long ago I thought we had really done very little this summer, but when I really think it through it has been a very, very full 3 months.  Now we are moving gently into Autumn and I love it, with it comes water, something we have a scarse supply of, and I will be able to give my plants the attention they deserve.

This week my eye has been drawn to conkers, sloes, blackberries, grapes, figs, bee eaters, swallows, bats, hawks, wispy clouds, forest views, walnut trees, ripe lemons, sad tomatoes, swelling olives, summer rain, grasshoppers, Oleanders, terracotta, ceramics, flat peaches and pomegranites - signs of September.

I am trying very hard to upload pictures in logical batches, so here goes... FESTIVAL time at Monteriggioni.

















2 comments:

  1. What an amazing summer! Mine are small and not at school yet, so aren't really aware of the long lusciousness of the Summer Holidays, it's all just the same to them. Still, in my part of the world the last few months have been pretty wet, so not much chance of hornet stings etc. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing adventure! I've been a bit out of the blogging world this summer but I'm so glad to have discovered yours! Your new home looks wonderful, and it looks like you've had a great summer, too!

    I'm glad I'm not the only one enjoying the first signs of autumn ;) Claire xx

    ReplyDelete