Tuesday, May 14, 2013

things I love

Sometimes the everyday stuff seems so full of basic things that are dull and tiring the cleaning up dog hair, the wiping off icecream from furniture, the hunt for the missing sock, the forgotton homework dramas etc.  But, inbetween the 'necessary' are the goodies, the snapshots of love and laughter, the jam and honey.  Here are a few of mine.

Sneaky big dog snoring on forbidden sofa
The mummy's day poem
The sound of recorder practice
The warm sunlight peeking through the wooden shutters
My newly planted foxgolves waving in the breeze
Peach blossom
The scent of the Jasmine
our wild and huge garden
A full fridge and dresser
A 6 week menu plan I created at the weekend
The view accross the terracotta roofs
Cool tiled floor beneath my feet
The old films we indulge ourselves with in the evenings
The sun dried tomatos from a lovely friend
The mended mosquito net ready to go above our bed
The freedom to work for myself

Here are some pics I took when the tidying (a while ago) and cleaning got too much and I grumped around feeling glum then kicked myself up the backside and focused on the good stuff, here is some of the sweetness I found amongst the grime and dog fur...
















Enough of the sweetness and light, now off to pick up poo, hang the washing on the line, put more in, prepare supper and walk 3 km to pick the girl up from school.  On balance the walk is stunning and we will get a wondeful icecream when in the village, lucky us x


No comments:

Post a Comment