Sunday, January 24, 2010

Friends and Fun


Today was meant to be a stay at home do nothing day, but as it turned out it was actually a wonderful day for the children filled with fun and the very best of friends.

AA was whisked off for the day to the mountains for some snowy play and hotdogs (-4) at Monte Amiata about 2 hours from here, this was very special as the boy has been so patient with me being unwell, the day away was just what he needed - thanks to a thoughtful friend.  To make up for this I took TT to San Giminagno for icecream, only to discover it was the start of the Carnevale festa so a huge Panda balloon had to be squeezed into Peter Panda (the car) to come home.  Lovely sunny morning, the streets were peaceful pre-festa and cafes empty (will be madness tonight).

Tried to take the dog out with TT on the bike but the kittens followed so had to backtrack and shut them in the shed then made it out for about an hour, then another friend called after returning to Italy and came to play, the girls dressed up as princesses in TT's new and unexpected present a v. girly pink long fairy outfit, we drank tea and watched the sun slip over the hills.

As you can tell from the tone of my blog I am feeling so much better today, I had soup with 'lumps' in yiipppeeeee - another present from a great friend.  Homemade pumpkin and butternut soup  - I was given a massive jug full and added some left over veg chopped up into little bits - this was a real treat for me.

This morning in the bath I could hear my neighbour playing Christmas carols on the piano and I thought maybe this was a sign to focus on things to come, Christmases of the future etc.

Managed to make some very OK things yesterday:  Banana bread, oaty bread and a rather good sticky chocoate pudding, the old fashioned kind were the sauce magically goes from the top to the bottom whilst cooking, it was great I am told (I don't eat cake). For now some pics of the last few days - playing cards in the garden, hunting for pine cones, playing with the kittens, tea parties, playing catch etc.







1 comment:

  1. I am really enjoying your blog---especially all of the lovely photos.

    I wish you continued improvement with your health.

    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete