Saturday, January 2, 2010

Birdsong

Finally the rain has stopped and I can see the sky mottled blue in the distance.  I am so glad to say farewell to 2009 as it was a trying year on so many levels.  Health and financial issues made every week a battle to keep going, but we have, we did and we are still here and still enjoying the views.

This morning the birdsong is really loud, lots of chattering and chirping, I guess the birds hate the rain too, or maybe they are all warning each other that the naughty kittens are now loose in the garden.

A relaxed but busy day today after a long day cleaning the house and doing timesheets and invoices for my PR work yesterday.  We have friends coming for lunch - new friends so it will be nice to get to know them more.  I am cooking meatballs and mashed potatos with 3 cheeses mixed in for the normal people and potatos, passata and greens for me as am not 100% today and need to keep my immune system bouncing along.  I think the occasional chocolate and bits of dairy over Christmas may have triggered a bit of a problem so there will be no more dithering for me, vegan it is for the next couple of months to see how I feel then.

The boys are at a football match where the younger is playing in a tournement - this is a big thing here in Italy, football is close to religon, not my thing at all but all the families are really friendly and helpful and Archie seems pretty damn good at it when he wants to.

The children are off to the Nono's later for a sleepover as I really, really wanted to take G out for a belated birthday celebration, not sure whether to do the cinema or a train to Florence for a drink and a walk around the old town? Iceskating was a huge hit on New Year's eve so we hope to book a season ticket next winter and take the children several times so we can all get the hang of it better.  For now though I must crack on with food prep as loafing in my PJ's won't get lunch on the table. xx  Auguri

Things I am loving right now - earthships and ecodomes, one day!




No comments:

Post a Comment