Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In Love with

I love this country, I love its hills, its people and the sense of peace it brings.  Today I was literally sweating in desperation over work issues and stepped outside to see what the dog was barking at, within seconds I felt better, the breeze calmed me and the birdsong made me slow down and listen.  I don't know why but this place is special to me and I feel I have come home, how is this possible as I have no Italian links in my family but I know I have found my place in this mad, mad world.

Too much work on and very little time to wind down but life is still good.  The girl is under a duvet in front of the fire watching a film, the boy at football with Babo and I have just made bean and pasta soup for supper and am starting to relax after hours at my PC.

Plans - the move of the study to the shed (cantina) is moving on, we have to glaze the windows with perspex and uck out all my gardening stuff which will go under the leanto, change the locks and clean well.  I can't wait I have always had a yearning to work at the end of the garden like the wonderful Roald Dahl in his den.

1 comment:

  1. Such wonderful photos of your lovely Italian life----thank you for sharing them!

    Isn't it so amazing how we can feel such a deep connection to a place; to literally fall in love with it......

    Have a fantastic day, Sharon~~~

    ReplyDelete