Friday, March 19, 2010

Wise women

The last few days have been filled with the words of wise women offering me guidance help and empathy. I have had a garden designer friend show me how to grow things in a better and more sustainable and cost effective way. Another friend has been showing me how to make the best use of the local seasonal produce and today we cooked artichokes to have tonight with gluten free pasta - so yummy. The weekends are often full to overflowing with sporty things for the boys and this weekend is no exception, however I will make time to potter in the garden and kitchen, a firm promise to myself. I plan to make crostata and a polenta cake for next weeks picky food and tomatoes stuffed with anchovies and mozzarella (experimental pottering). Today the man made an enormous compost bin for the horto and a wooden planting box for lettuces and salad stuff - so proud of him, from pallets to planters in one morning. Tonight though I will just chill out with my book 'Ripe for the picking' and the open fire, listen to the birds going to bed and slowly flop into the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment