Monday, November 23, 2009

List making mania and food

I have now accepted the fact that I am a crazy listmaker, my lists even include 'make a list of' lists and sometimes I feel quite uneasy without a pen in my hand.  This autumn my lists are ever more detailed, I have Christmas planning lists, recipe lists, planting lists, preserving lists and even a folder of lists!!!!!



OK so this might sound excessive but it is just how I am...........so to make my lists even more useful I thought I would share some so that maybe a few might just spark a few ideas for others.  So to start you off gently, below is my 'frugal' food recipe list.  I created this when I realised my income would be halfed this winter, we are living within our means almost and I will NOT ever spend what I do not have hence the very frugal list.  Don't be fooled given the chance we would indulge in blue steak, truffle sauce, pecorino, porcini, salmon or scallop feasts with glasses of very old chianti or gin and tonics poured in large measures.  But, for now it is treat enough to know that we get by and the view helps enormously - the steak can wait a little longer.

Autumn/Winter Meal ideas 2009 - Low budget but yummy all homemade using store-cupboard and seasonal stuff (these are cheaper ingredients here in Tuscany so may differ in the UK)


Baked Polenta and Tom Sauce
Beans in garlic and Tomato Sauce & veg
Falafels and salad/stirfry
Orzotto with mushrooms
Veg Curry & flatbreads
Stuffed Peppers & pot wedges
Pizza
Onion Bhajis and veg
Veg & chickpea stir fry
Minestrone
Pasta with chickpeas and tuna
Pici with Ragu
Tuna meatballs
Turkey leg in red wine casserole
Egg Plant parmesan
Omelette and potato wedges
Mashed Pot and Spinach bake
Pasta with pesto
Spinach Gnocchi with bacon
Macaroni Cheese & veg
Potato Daphne and sausages
Lentil Lasagne
Risotto
Shepherds Pie
Egg & Pasta Salad
Pork Stroganoff and Rice
Lentil Bolognaise
Kedgeree
Fish Pie
Egg fried Rice
Pasta and veg bake
Spaghetti and garlic/herbs
Rice Fritters with wedges
Carbonara with pasta
Tomato Rice with garlic
Baked meatballs
Fishcakes and salad
Gnocchi with butter and sage
Cauliflower cheese and sausages
Vegetable Quiche and Salad
Ham Egg and Chips – what the hell
Poached Eggs on toast – w/e lunch
Jacket Pots and cheese / Salad


Snacks – chestnuts, cheese straws, crackers, hummus, raisins, popcorn


Sweet things
Cut-out cookies
Chestnut Biscotti
Apple Crumble
Apple Fluff & Custard
Flapjacks
Muffins – Chestnut, Pumpkin, Zucca
Shortbread Chestnut flour/Rice flour
Trifle
Meringue
Choc Brownies
Danish pastries with cinnamon
Baked Apples
Chestnut pancakes with ice-cream


Soups – pea, mushroom, tomato, pumpkin, pappa a pomodoro, Ribolita, Leek Soup, Chestnut
Breads – Italian loaves, Flatbreads, Sesame Rolls, Chestnut bread, cinnamon focaccia
Store Rosehip Syrup, marmalade
Make - Smoothies

If you want my basic recipes leave a comment and I will post them, the ones highlighted are pretty yummy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment