Sunday, November 1, 2009

Rosehips and Chestnuts

Here in Italy it is the season of chestnuts, truffles and porcini. All of which I love but have really only had the chance to indulge in chestnuts this year courtesy of a generous friend. Have boiled them, baked some, frozen more and included in bread, pasta sauce and cakes. Also made my first batch of Rosehip syrup, from 350g Rosehips ended up with two wee bottles of sweetness. Warning, these are scratchy buggers and my hands look like I have had a catfight, worth it though if the Rosehips keep the colds at bay.
Had a lovely halloweeen supper in full spooky dress, the living room looked lovely, amazing what a few candles can do. Then football on Sunday and a gloomy son! Sadly I have a full week of 'day-job and evening work' so will not blog until the weekend xx

No comments:

Post a Comment