Thursday, November 5, 2009

Olive Picking & Winter Sun

It is here, the Olive picking season, but oh the rain, constant and relentless bloody rain..aagghh. DH should be picking th Olives but can't and I am off to Blighty tomorrow and cant help then, we need to help G get them in before the frost or no oil! We had about 6 months supply from last year but could do with 3 times that amount and that means getting more time in the olive groves in between working. The rosehip syrup is going down a treat and the kids are having it on toast and an extra spoonful a day to boost the vitamin levels. I know I said I wouln't blog this week but wanted to share some lovely seasonal pics including the countryside around my house and some other random shots. I feel the year is running away with me, all I want to do is prepare christmas things and be homey but we need to focus on work projects and finances too - darn the real world stuff.
Anyway, we have extra boys tonight which is always nice to have a house full of noise so am cooking Shepherds pie and crumble - not v. Italian but it is cold and rainy and Nov!

No comments:

Post a Comment