Friday, October 30, 2009

Confessions of a modern Mummy

Well, I love so many other Mummy's blogs out there and they inspire me greatly but the ones that touch a chord are the ones that are real, the ones that include the grubbiness and the gripes, the tears and the heartache. Not wanting to bare my soul totally though I thought it might be a good idea to share just some of the reality of my life. The ebb and flow, the dark and the light, the thoughts and ideas...
I cook from scratch always but secretly crave plastic cheese squares and angel delight
I recycle, re-use and reclaim but lust after a nightmarishly expensive designer sofa
I advocate gentle and peaceful parenting but flare up like a banshi at times
I hate shouting and violence yet love watching films with knights battling it to the death
I try and drink lots of water but this gets diluted with wine most evenings
I save energy wherever possible but love having lots of lamps in corners - it's just nice
I write lists about lists about lists then lose the list and write on a list to look for the lost list
I love silence but hate being on my own
I believe in herbal remedies but when I get ill I yearn for frozen chicken pies 1970's style
I hate TV but love watching films
I love plants and growing stuff but am a blatently lazy gardener
I am great at giving advice and rubbish at taking it
I change my mind with the seasons and my hair colour too xx

2 comments:

  1. I love that list - sounds very similar to how mine would be ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahaha - I'm with you on the Angel Delight, Syster LOL!

    and I adore subdued lighting in every corner of my rooms in the evening.

    Oh yes, I shout a lot too.

    I think your list is wonderful - you sound like a gorgeous person; so raw and real :)

    Starchild from GP forum, incase you're wondering who I am ;)

    ReplyDelete