Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cereal Bars - yum

OK so not strictly healthy but very, very yummy and eaten by all in the house ! which is amazing.  I completely bodged this recipe together and urge everyone to do the same but roughly speaking here is how it went.


150g rolled oats
50g rice crispies
100g apricots chopped, raisins, gogi berries or any dried fruit
10g butter / marg
100g syrup / jam / something sticky (I used homemade cherry jam)
75g broken chocolate white or dark (wholenut maight be good)
(I added some dried coconut too)

Melt the butter, jam and chocolate in a small pan and melt gently.  Stir into the dried cereal and fruit mixture, coat well in the sticky stuff then press into a roasting dish so about 1/2 inch thick, pat down with spoon and chill in fridge.

Cut into slices - great for after school snacks or picnics.  Thought you could also make round cereal bars in muffin tins too.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! Can't wait to give them a try. I am always looking for something (mostly) healthy that I can feel good about giving my boys as a snack. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Have a blessed weekend!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete