Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Small Pleasures


Photos of the boy and Grandad at Rome on Sunday - Had to post the image of the roadside picnic, the Italians know how to travel, they unload a trestle table and a roasted hog, cakes and wine and feed everyone many times on route.... Might consider the trestle table idea..myabe on the roofrack of Peter the fiat Panda?

A five year old plods downstairs with the hotwater bottles balanced out in front of her, then says I just have to make the beds! Such a wonderful sight until the tears roll as she finds our huge bed to difficult to manage. Wanting to be useful and needed is something we all feel of that I am sure, and today TT wanted to be one of the grownups - yes she had a tantrum, yes we were all annoyed by our lateness but at the same time she is learning everyday how to do things better - both good and bad.  I am going to take some note of this and try and keep learning how to do things better, and keep trying until things are have a more natural flow.  I hope one day my Italian will flow at will just like getting on bicycle and knowing what to do intuitively - when do things start happening on instict? maybe when we stop worrying and just keep doing.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I found your blog via Greenparent forum :) I'm glad I did, thoroughly enjoyed reading through a few postings and will bookmark it to revisit soon :)

    Jules (unschooling mum of 4 living near Torquay).
    http://classroomfree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete