Sunday, September 6, 2009

Days of sunshine

Thankfully we are still enjoying lovely hot days here in Tuscany but there is a cooler breeze which is lovely and has a touch of autumn about it.  The last few days have been long and tiring, mostly because I have a virus and feel lousy, a mouth full of ulcers and I don't really even have the energy to cook or blog, two things I love to do.

We have fitted in some fun adventures though including the natural wind chimes now hanging in the pine tree and outside my office window.  I loved making these though archie was less than enthusiastic about this project.  We have finally put up a wispy canopy over Tabby's bed to stop the 'zanzara' (Mosquitios) as they adore Tabitha especially at night.  We are more or less ready for the start of school with new shiny pens and shoes (well new to my 2).  One pair are vintage kickers proudly worn by my cousin Carla 16 years ago which I think are just fab - photos to follow.

Baking and griping.  I have been making some lovely treats which I can't eat as I don't do gluten but the kids seem to love.  This weekend has seen rounds of dough and sweet things in and out of the oven including.

Sesame bread rolls
Ciabatta
Pear Crumble
Mrs Twits eye-ball cakes  http://www.roalddahlday.info/
Scones

We are preparing for the autumn and family visiting soon.  I hope to revamp some old sweaters and fleeces into winter pinafores for Tabitha 'any ideas welcome'?  Also we have Archie's birthday looming and plans for a Trophy shape cake -agghhh.  nb. Weston super Mare Museum was fantastic, full of lovely retro/vintage goodies in the shop and lots of fun stuff for the children, a great day out for a rainy day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog :) I hope you feel better soon, ulcers in the mouth are so painful. Your photos on your blog are lovely.

    Warmly

    Linda

    ReplyDelete