Monday, September 21, 2009

Hope

Today I am so sad because we have a lost dog roaming the countryside near our house, for three days he has been sitting under trees or lolloping through the olives. I have tried everything to encourage her /him to come to me I have put down food and water all over the garden / hillside but it is too timid. And now it is limping, I know if I call the forestry police they will probably shoot it as it is an injured animal but to me she is someones lost dog and needs love and help. I checked the food bowls this morning but they were untouched. I feel desperate for the dog and its owner, though it is probably a hunters dog who has lost it's way and they don't bother looking for them in all reality when they go missing. Also we have had no sleep as the girl has been crying all night with a poorly ear, in the end we boiled an egg and wrapped it in a wet flannel and held the warm egg to her ear which worked in getting her to sleep at 4am. But I feel that we will have to give in and go to the Dr today. I wonder if the stressful things are related to Mabon? Could the start of autumn mean a shift in priorities again, ie. home, hearth, health and compassion? Rather than work and money? Maybe a large mug of tea and a peice of paper will help straighten things out as to what to do first and re-align our focus.

2 comments:

  1. There's something that I accepted earlier this year about stray/lost animals.... there are many here.... is that I will do what I can, and it's up to the animal and Nature what happens after that.
    I've brought dogs home, gave them a warm blaket and food, and found them gone the next day. We invited two cats and both died.
    It's one of those things, well, like all of like ay? What appears unfortunate/fortunate is only the moment - we can't know the future.

    Hope the ear improves. I find that tea tree oil in warm olive oil on a cotton ball works well for mild infections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your level-headed advice, much appreciated. Will try tea-tree and oil later xxxx

    ReplyDelete