Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Buon Natale

My daughter is singing Italian christmas songs in the distance, my boy has started his holiday homework and I can scratch off a few more work tasks from the very long list.  Family members health is improving and I have just collected my test results from the hospital so will see the Dr in the morning for his feedback and confirmed diagnosis.

I am ready to start baking and labelling presents - it is warmer here and the snow is no more.  It was the wrong snow by the way, hard scary sharp stuff, burning cold and impossible to make into anything nice, it just made moving around totally dangerous and the roads were sheet ice and the nights minus 9.

I am happy now to drift into a warm Christmas fug surounded by happy faces and warm hearts.  Kittens are pestering for more outside adventures so will persist in the hourly walks around the garden with them.  Will curl up by the fire tonight and think of the future whatever it brings.




On solstice night we also celebrated 2 years in Italy and when I asked everyone waht they liked the most about living in Tuscany, all of us said the views from our garden including the children.  The Food, the people and the weather also came up, for me, I feel at home, rested and meant to be here.  I have to say I don't miss the UK as I still visit alot for work, but I do miss Italy when I am away, they say home is where the heart is and in my case that is a small hill between Siena and Florence overlooking towers and olive groves, vineyards and forests - we are so lucky, it makes the cold damp winter nights all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment