Thursday, December 17, 2009

Immunity or a great lack of it

Well, I am so fed up, once agin the mouth ulcers, aching jaw, splitting headaches and lethargy have returned, this time with horrifying speed.  My Dr has  referred me to have a number of tests to try and pinpoint what immune disorder I am dealing with.  He thinks it likely that I have Behcat's syndrome which is pretty bloody awful.

I have spent hours researching ways to boost my immune system and ward off flair ups of this awful illness and notice many other bloggers are also looking for ways in which to live better lives health wise.  For now until the tests are evaulated I am limiting all foods to a vegan diet and cutting out all salt, sugar, caffeine and booze - wrong time of year but I have to get better.  This morning my tongue was so swollen I could hardly swallow - this is v. bad and I am living off soup and veg puree and my throat is filled with ulcers as is my mouth and inner ear - yuk.

Trying to focus on goodness, wellness, abundance, resting, and building my strength both physically and mentally.  Still have a heap of work and present making to get through - it may all  have to wait a few days.  The kids and DH are coping well with Mummy being poorly yet again, I just hate being such a killjoy as there are so many parties and fun things happening around us that I don't have the energy to cope with, most involving food and drink which I have to steer clear off - Also I sound like I have had a stroke or am pissed due the swollen tongue etc - not a good thing.

Anyhow onto brighter blessings:

I will borrow a camera for Chrsitmas and record the festivities
I am mid sewing lots of animals for stockings all looking good
Started a large heart cushion for parents bed
I Will be well for Christmas
Will make mince pies for the family this weekend
Will create a yule log
I plan to call old friends
Will enjoy the clear Tuscan air and snowy mountain views
Will loose some weight due to illness - a silver lining

I am currently reading:  The Old Curiosity Shop, Bringing Up Boys, The Celestine Phrophecy and many old and lovely Christmas cookbooks

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get a diagnosis soon so you will at least know what you are dealing with. Sending love to you all.

    xx

    ReplyDelete